Peak Vets acknowledge that our operations have an impact on the environment and we are committed to improving our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
We are proud that Peak Vets are working towards their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
We have identified key areas that contribute our environmental and carbon footprint:
- consumption of electricity, gas, water and other fuels
use of anaesthetic gases
- waste generation
- transport emissions
- use of raw materials, including materials and medications
- procured goods and services with their own environmental impact
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- monitoring and reducing our consumption of raw materials and energy
- Reducing waste and carbon emissions
- Undertake a one health project with staff to improve our local environment
- Undertake independent annual audit with Investors in the Environment (iiE)
We will continue to improve our environmental management system by working to the Investors in the Environment (iiE) criteria, considering any changes in legislation, our organisation, and other factors. We will convey this policy to all our employees ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters.
Bethany Allen is our Sustainability Lead and has designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy. The policy will be reviewed every year as part of the organisations overall environment management plan.
Name: Bethany Allen
Position: Environmental Lead for Peak Vets
Name: Nigel Smallwood
Position: Clinical Director